Forums | Back to Concur Developer Center

User Management -adding users and managing roles

Hi
I am trying to integrate our Access Management solution with Concur. We have a requirement to provision users, assign and remove roles. Do the current APIs support this functionality?

Hello rvellandurai,
The following text is on the User GET section of the User API resource on the Developer Portal:
https://developer.concur.com/api-reference/user/
Create or update a user’s account information
NOTE: The User API cannot add User profiles completely for all customers. The developer or customer should expect to do follow-up work to the user profiles in order for the User profiles to be 100% ready for use. This variability is due to the customer’s configuration choices that may not be supported by this API. Manual edits or updates via a file import are likely required to complete the User profiles started with this API. Future releases will address these topics.”

To add to Doug’s statement above, the only roles that may be assigned are Travel and Expense User and Approver Roles. All other roles require a 400 import via flat file or role management via the permissions editor via the UI.

Hi DStaab and LeeRayl,

what solution approach would you suggest to integrate Concur User-Role Management to an external identity and access management solution ? Several of our customers are awaiting to implement this feature.

So it would be really helpful if you can suggest an approach to achieve this now and later when the API’s are fully functional, we could migrate to them.

Team,

I want to integrate our Access Management solution with Concur. We have a requirement to provision users, assign and remove roles.
It would be great, if you help me to get this done.

I am interested to know API links, how to create Application, client-Id,Client-secrete & how to generate access token and how to refresh.